Best DJI Drones 2019 – reviews of the top dji drones for sale in 2019. Find out which DJI Brand drones are best. Featuring Mavic PRO, Phantom 3 & 4, Inspire and more.
Currently, DJI models are dominating the drone game and there is a good reason for that. This company is just a few steps in front of its competition currently. Additionally, they have a vast product catalog with models at different price points. The introduction of the iconic DJI Phantom series made a huge splash in the industry. Now the company is also known for making the best small drones with the introduction of the Mavic series. Below are 7 of the most highly-rated DJI drones:
- 32.0MP sphere panoramas - In addition to horizontal, vertical, and 180° panoramas, Mavic Air...
- Lightweight and compact foldable design - You can take it anywhere with you.
- Supports 4K video at 30 fps - The 12.0MP camera with Adobe DNG RAW support is ready to shoot. The...
- Control your drone from up to 6562' away - The Mavic Air Intelligent Flight lithium battery provides...
- Dedicated remote controller- Features a foldable, low-profile, ergonomic design to hold your...
The DJI Mavic Air is a small device with massive ambitions. It is basically a consumer drone that demonstrates how committed DJI is to innovation. A three-axis gimbal, 4K video recording, onboard storage and an improved obstacle avoidance system are packed into a foldable and compact form factor that can be easily slipped into a jacket pocket. You would be hard pressed to find a more superior drone that so neatly packs up and has as many innovative features as this one.
This near-perfect device is the love child of the extremely successful Mavic Pro and the user-friendly and compact Spark. The foldable rotor arms and top-class technology was taken from the Mavic Pro and craftily combined with the playfulness and small form factor of the Spark; after which, DJI improved on both, producing its best drone thus far for consumers.
For approximately $800, you will be able to purchase the DJI Mavic Air and accessories. For roughly $1000, you will get the drone, its accessories and the Fly More Combo.
Pros and Cons
• Remarkable portability
• Almost-perfect obstacle avoidance
• 8GB internal storage
• 12MP HDR stills
• 4K video at 100 Mbps and under
• Need many batteries for an amazing flying experience
• Range could be better
• Gimbal controls are a bit jerky
2. DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- See the Bigger Picture: Equipped with a Hasselblad L1D-20c camera with a 20MP 1" CMOS Sensor, the...
- Please update the firmware version of your Mavic 2 to 01.00.00.00 or above via the App tips or DJI...
- Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, 907g takeoff weight, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots,...
- Functions include ActiveTrack 2.0, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, Hyperlapse, Low-Noise Design,...
- With Fly More Kit: Comes with 2 extra Intelligent Flight Batteries, Mavic 2 Car Charger, Battery...
This is the most powerful consumer drone you can purchase and this is because of its gimbal-stabilized Hasselblad camera. The camera has a 1-inch CMOS sensor that produces spectacular aerial pictures and 4K videos. The pictures are more detailed, brighter and strikingly superior to those captured with the previous model.
Improvements have also been made to the software. There are new modes for capturing videos and pictures. This includes a built-in hyperlapse mode, which produces amazing aerial videos. However, this comes at an additional cost – the drone is more expensive than the earlier version. Depending on the package you decide to buy on Amazon, the cost will range between roughly $1300 and $1900.
Pros and Cons
• Superior camera
• 1-inch 4K camera sensor
• Excellent foldable design
• New modes for photos and videos
• Extremely costly
• Unable to shoot 4K at 60 fps
3. DJI Spark
- Intelligent Flight ModesSmart, reliable, and incredibly intuitiveQuickShotVideos with a Tap
- High-Performance CameraAmazing images and stabilized videoMechanical Gimbal StabilizationShake-Free...
- Flight PerformanceAwesome potential, immersive experiencesPowerful Propulsion Speed and Precision...
- Flight SafetyWorry-free flight in the palm of your hand ; Propeller guards are recommended when...
- 2-Axis Stabilized Gimbal Camera
The DJI Spark has different colored body shells and exceptional gesture controls that give you a feeling of being a Jedi. It is controlled easily through your smartphone; however, it is worth mentioning that your phone will be the only controller you will have, unless you choose to buy a separate controller.
The Spark is incredibly light, which is not surprising since it is the size of a can. Its size is both one of its greatest weaknesses and one of its greatest strengths. Because of its size, it will be impacted by wind during flight but it is quite easy to transport in your bag.
Despite its size, the device is packed full of technology; these include GPS, obstacle detection and stabilization. It has a 2-axis stabilized gimbal camera, subject tracking from various angles, FlightAutonomy with obstacle detection and decent speed.
The cost of the DJI Spark on Amazon ranges between approximately $350 and $400. For an additional $108, you can be the proud owner of the DJI Spark Remote Controller.
Pros and Cons
• Automatic Quickshot modes
• Controller-free gesture controls
• Tiny size
• Short flight time
• Spotty Wi-Fi connection on smartphones
• Swayed by wind easily
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App enables...
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x 3000) photos. The...
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture smooth, clean...
- Use DJI director software with a built-in video editor to add music, text, and more to your videos,...
- In the Box: Aircraft Body ×1, Remote Controller ×1, Propeller Pairs ×4, Intelligent Flight,...
The DJI Phantom 4 is a tweaking of the already remarkable DJI Phantom 3 Professional. The refinement comes with sturdier construction, updated object-avoidance technology and an exceptional dedicated remote control that connects to an awesome feature-rich smartphone app. This makes it a valuable upgrade over the Phantom 3 and an even more superior option for photographers in need of a sturdy kit that delivers remarkable results.
The Phantom 4 supports 4K video recording and its gimbal design is an indication that you will get tremendously steady footage even when the device is changing direction and moving at high speed. However, there is a big downer as its battery life only lasts between 15 and 20 minutes, based on how hard the drone is pushed.
The drone is powered by a single battery located in the back. There is a set of lights on the battery that indicates the amount of charge remaining. This provides a convenient visual guide to flight duration. It is a more suitable option for budding aerial photographers as opposed to more seasoned professionals.
The cost of the DJI Phantom 4 on Amazon ranges between approximately $750 and $950.
Pros and Cons
• Easy to fly
• Object avoidance
• Wonderful and stable 4K footage
• Outstanding smartphone app
• Fisheye lens
• High-quality stabilized footage
• Not easily upgradeable
• Not compatible with Phantom 3 batteries
• App can become a little confusing
• Constant updating of software
- What's in this combo: MAVIC PRO Original Package, 2 Extra batteries, 2 Extra propellers, 2 charging...
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you...
- Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth...
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.Fly...
The Mavic Pro is the smartest, smallest and most approachable DJI drone yet. The drone has the capacity to fold up into a package about the size of a water bottle. Unusual for devices of this size, the camera is attached to a gimbal. The drone delivers remarkable results with both videos and photos in good lighting. However, the small size of the sensor that indicates low-light shooting can be problematic sometimes. This drone has a top speed of approximately 40 miles per hour: therefore, it is not slouchy in that department. Additionally, the battery lasts between approximately 20 and 25 minutes of flight action.
The Mavic Pro has a dedicated controller that uses the display of your phone to highlight precisely what the drone is seeing. The range has been quoted as being more than 4 miles. This provides the opportunity to capture spectacular videos and stills without having to worry about dropping connection.
The cost of the DJI Mavic Pro on Amazon is approximately $685.
Pros and Cons
• Dedicated controller
• App-only accessibility
• Follow mode
• Highly portable
• Gesture controls
• Weak low-light shooting
• Camera and gimbal cannot be removed
- Quadcopter is compatible with 5.2K Gimbal Cameras and features CineCore 2.0 Image Processing.
- Drone supports CinemaDNG and ProRes Recording.
- Bundle kit drone comes with a Dual-Battery Design.
- Flying copter features Advanced Obstacle Sensing.
- Starter kit comes with a 2-Axis Stabilized FPV Camera.
The highly-impressive DJI Inspire 2 has soundly knocked its predecessor out of the top position. This drone is much more attractive with its upgrade of sleek metal composite bodywork. In addition, the object avoidance technology is more advanced so you do not have to be concerned about that gorgeous body getting scratched by accidentally hitting a wall.
The twin-battery arrangement delivers over 25 minutes of flight time. The Inspire 2 also has the capacity to swap camera lenses; therefore, professional videographers and photographers will have total control over their 5K video and images. The smartphone app is loaded with impressive features and the dedicated controller makes it remarkably easy to control this drone incredibly easy to control. The cost of the DJI Inspire 2 on Amazon is approximately $3000.
Pros and Cons
• Many impressive features
• Remarkable build quality
• Good battery life
• Very expensive in comparison to other consumer-oriented drone
- Perfect for high-level shoots and professional sets
- Live, wireless HD video transmission via DJI Lightbridge
- Included professional 4k camera and 3-axis stabilization gimbal
- Ready-to-fly aerial system
- Unobstructed 360° shooting
Although it may resemble a fearsome war-robot from the distant future, the DJI Inspire 1 will capture your heart with its agility and impressive features after you get over its fairly intimidating appearance.
It is among the most capable and powerful drones money can buy. The drone offers a robust build, an amazing amount of control and the capacity to upgrade certain components such as the battery, camera and propellers.
It has its own dedicated controller, which boasts remarkable range and its camera is mounted on a gimbal to provide perfect aim. It is upgradeable; therefore, there is no need to be concerned about your valuable investment becoming outdated after only a few months.
The performance of Inspire 1 in the air is undoubtedly remarkable, even if the weather conditions are quite windy. In addition, the DJI Inspire 1 is tremendously swift and when it is combined with its impressive controller, it is very easy to maneuver. The only shortcomings that have been discovered are its price and the fact that you will only get approximately 15 to 20 minutes of flight duration form the bundled battery before the drone will have to be recharged.
The cost of the DJI Inspire 1 on Amazon ranges between approximately $3000 and $3250.
Pros and Cons
• Easy to upgrade
• Incredible build quality
• Exceptional bundled remote
• Stable 4k video recording
• Expensive for the usual customer
• Relatively short battery time
Facts About the DJI Drone Brand
DJI is currently renowned for being the world leading manufacturer of civilian drones and aerial imaging technology. In 2017, the company’s revenue was $2.83 billion; this represents an 80 percent increase of its 2016 revenue. Frank Wang is the founder and CEO but he originally went by Wāng Tāo.
In 2006, DJI was started in a dorm room while Wang pursued his studies at Hong Kung University of Science and Technology. Forbes has recently estimated the net worth of Wang at $3.2 billion and this figure is still growing. At first, DJI meant Dà-Jiāng Sciences; however, it ultimately became Dà-Jiāng Innovation. Based in Shenzen, China, DJI has stated that 80 percent of its products are sold overseas.
DJI is an Award-winning Company
In August of 2017, the company received an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in the category of Technology and Engineering. The products manufactured by DJI have drastically changed how television shows are recorded. Cinematographers and directors have been using DJI drones to propel aerial imaging into a whole new stratosphere. The evidence of this can be seen in productions such as American Ninja Warrior, The Amazing Race, Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul and many more.
DJI Drone Selection Tips
Picking the best DJI drone for your budget and needs can be quite a daunting task. If you are choosing between the Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Air and Mavic 2 Pro or any of the other models, there are a number of different factors to consider. These include battery capacity, photo resolutions, service ceiling, breaking speed, transmitter power and operating frequency. By doing your research and looking at the features and costs of the drones highlighted above, you can decide on which drone will ultimately best suit your budget and preference.
DJI versus Competition
In the consumer market, Yuneec is major competition for DJI. DJI Phantom line directly competes with Yuneec Typhoon series, which actually offers certain features not provided in the Phantoms. These include a freely rotating camera mounted on the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus. Yuneec also has smaller models like the Mantis and Breeze to appeal to flyers who desire a more casual, user-friendly drone experience.
Head-to-head Comparison: DJI Inspire 2 and Yuneec Tornado H920
Priced at roughly $3000, DJI Inspire 2 is meant for professional news organizations, cinematographers and independent filmmakers; this cost does not include a camera. There is the option of adding a Super 35mm cinema mount camera, a one-inch sensor fixed-lens, a Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens camera and it has support to capture 6K videos.
Yuneec Tornado H920 has a Micro Four Thirds camera as well. It is a huge with 6 rotors and space to accommodate 3 batteries, giving it an impressive flight capacity of 42 minutes. It has a CGO4 camera and unlike the Inspire 2, does not record uncompressed videos. Both models are impressive.